Curry leaves come from the curry plant native to India and Sri Lanka. The dark green, aromatic leaves are commonly used in Indian dishes, adding flavor to curries, vegetable dishes and chutneys. While curry leaves have become synonymous with Indian cooking, they also are used to treat a variety of health complications in ayurvedic medicine. As always, speak with your doctor before using alternative medical treatments. Continue reading Curry Leaves
Roomman (رمّان ) is the Arabic word for pomegranate.
It has been mentioned three times in the Quran:
1. It is He Who sends down water (rain) from the sky, and with it We bring forth vegetation of all kinds, and out of it We bring forth green stalks, from which We bring forth thick clustered grain. And out of the date-palm and its spathe come forth clusters of dates hanging low and near, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety and taste). Look at their fruits when they begin to bear, and the ripeness thereof. Verily! In these things there are signs for people who believe. [6:99]
Continue reading Do you knw whats this? its pomegranate!
The nuts are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of antioxidants. Regular intake of pistachios in the diet help to lower total as well as bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL cholesterol levels in the blood. Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet that is rich in dietary fiber, mono-unsaturated fatty acids, and antioxidants help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
Al-Wahshiyyi ibn Harb radiallaahu ‘anhu related that some of the Companions of Allaah’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: O Messenger of Allaah! We eat, but do not become satisfied. So he said to them: “Perhaps you eat separately?”
So they replied: Yes.
So he said: “Eat your food collectively, mention the Name of Allaah upon it, then there will be blessings for you in it.”
Apart from adhering to the numerous other injunctions regarding nutrition (such as moderation, eating according to Sunnah etiquette, eating only Halaal, etc.), Islam also enjoins the importance of a good, balanced diet. “O Messengers! Eat of the wholesome things and perform virtuous deeds” the Qur’an orders. A wholesome, balanced diet is an integral part of Islamic life. Analysis of various verses from the holy Qur’an clearly show that the foods spoken about in it, will fulfil one’s daily protein, carbohydrate, fat and vitamin requirements.
* Prostate Cancer Prevention
Avocados have been shown to inhibit the growth of prostate cancer.
- Oral Cancer Defense
Research has shown that certain compounds in avocados are able to seek out pre-cancerous and cancerous oral cancer cells and destroy them without
harming healthy cells.
1. To sit and drink. (Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith6452 and Sahih Muslim Hadith5242, 5247). Zamzam water and left over water in the utensil used for Wudhu are excluded from this.
2. To drink with the right hand. (Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith5380; Sahih Muslim Hadith5233)
3. To take 3 sips (or more in odd numbers). (Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith5631; Sahih Muslim Hadith5255)
4. To say Bismillah before drinking. (Sahih al-Bukhari and al-Azkaar; Fath al-Baari vol.10 pg.117)
Continue reading Sunnat Of Drinking